General Overview of Canadian Consolidated Quote (CCQ) data:
- Utilizes the suffix for CCQ symbology of :CC (Canadian Consolidated), e.g., RIM:CC
- Includes price data for equities/companies listed on the TSX/TSXV which may also be traded on one or more Canadian ATS (Alternative Trading System) markets: TSX, TSXV, Pure, Alpha, Omega, Nasdaq Chi-X, Aequitas NEO/LIT, LYNX as well as TriAct and Liquidnet. Data for Instinet (Dark Pool) market is also available but quotes on the VWAP so only quote (bid/ask) and volume data is available from this market.
- Includes the last price from the most recent trade on all Canadian markets as well as the best Bid/Ask price out of all of those markets. The best Ask is the lowest Ask price at the same time and the best Bid is the highest Bid price at any given time. Note, however, that the "Dark Pools" data from TriAct and Liquidnet is "dark" because they don't expose the current quotes/orders (only last price, volume, and trade data exists but no orderbook data). Data for Instinet (Dark Pool) market is also available but quotes on the VWAP so only quote (bid/ask) and volume data is available from this market.
- Does not include equities/companies listed on the CNSX as it is its own exchange and the only Alternative Trading market for this exchange is PURE. However, effective November 2012, Omega is beginning to include quotes on CNSX listings which will bring future changes in this respect.
- Historical consolidated price data will become effective from the project inception date for this dataproduct (summer 2011). Backfilled historical data will not be consolidated.
- All “other” data such as News, Fundamentals, Financials, etc… are attached to the ATS symbols as this data is being mapped from the “parent” symbol (the listed symbol on TSX/TSXV).
For Level 2 Canadian Consolidated Quote (CCQ) data, we recognized two superseding factors: (1) that there isn't really a consolidated market book price as per se, and (2) that not all users will want to pay for Real-Time Level 2 data for all the Canadian marketplaces.
Therefore, we have coded enhancements to our products in order to enhance their display mechanisms when a user is entitled to Level 1 CCQ data and enters the CCQ symbol into the Market Depth module or Net House Summary. As an example:
- User enters in RY:CC in the Market Depth module and an "Exchange" dropdown will appear at the top of the module. The default will be "Composite" and this selection will provide a composite display of all order book data for all of the Real-Time Level 2 exchanges that the user is entitled to. As we recently added the "Exchange" column to the display, the user will also be able to see which exchanges the orders originated from.
- The "Exchange" dropdown will also present the user with the ability to only view orders originating from a specified exchange. The selection list will only include those exchanges to which the user has Real-Time Level 2 exchange entitlements to, i.e., any of TSX, TSXV, Pure, Omega, Alpha, Nasdaq CXC, Nasdaq CX2, LYNX.
Of course, users may also display data for a specified exchange at any time by using the appropriate suffix such as :OMG for Omega.
General Overview of Canadian ATS Marketplace data:
- Suffixes for the ATS symbols are: Alpha = :APH, Pure = :PUR, Omega = :OMG, Nasdaq Chi-X = :CHI, Nasdaq CX2 = CX2, TriAct = :TCM, Liquidnet = :LQN, Instinet = :ICX, LYNX = LYX, Aequitas LIT = AQL, Aequitas NEO = AQN.
- Charts and historical data exist for only the period of time that Quotemedia has been receiving data for the ATS marketplaces. All “other” data such as News, Fundamentals, Financials, etc. are attached to the ATS symbols as this data is being mapped from the “parent” symbol (the listed symbol on TSX/TSXV). As of September 2013, the inclusion of the last remaining outstanding data points (like dividends) were addressed so that CCQ symbols will now have a full compliment of data.
- Only Omega currently permits display of Level 2 data in Delayed format (for clarity, Non-ATS CNSX as well). However, Quotestream does not support the display of Level 2 data in Delayed as all other Canadian exchanges/marketplaces permit Level 2 data display in Real-Time only.
-Canadian Consolidated Quotes (CCQ) Level 1 data can also be provided in Delayed format. Users with the North American Delayed Data Package have been automatically entitled to this data in Delayed format. If you are interested in adding Delayed CCQ data to your company account, please discuss with your Account Manager.
-Level 2 - Not applicable but Composite view for user's individual Real-Time Level 2 exchanges is available when user is entitled to CCQ Level 1 in Real-Time.
-When you pay the fees for Real-Time CCQ Level 1 data, you will also receive Omega, CSE and LYNX Level 2. If you would like to receive this additional data please request to be entitled.
-Where currently applicable, exchange approvals are required (specifically the CEG Agreement for TSX and TSXV data).