The Exception Site List feature within the Java Control Panel allows the Live Streamer Desktop Application to load if it is being blocked by Java's default security settings.
To manage the Exception Site List, you will need to open Java.
If you are a Windows XP, 7, or Vista user:
First open the "Java Control Panel" through the Windows start menu.
- Launch the Windows Start menu
- Click on Programs
- Find the Java program listing
- Click Configure Java to launch the Java Control Panel
If you are a Windows 8 user:
1. Launch the Windows Panel
2. Click on the search icon that looks like a magnifier glass.
Once Java is open, all types of Windows users will be able to select the "Security" tab on the top of the "Java Control Panel".
The exception site list is managed in the Security tab of the Java Control Panel. The list is shown in the tab. To add, edit or remove a URL from list, click Edit Site List and follow the directions shown.
Step 1: Add a URL
- Click on the Edit Site List button.
- Click the Add in the Exception Site List window.
- Click in the empty field under Location field to enter the URL.
Example: http://app.quotemedia.com (Note: URL should begin with http:// or https://)
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered.
- Click Continue on the Security Warning dialog.