The Live Desktop Streamer Application can be run on computers that run Linux operating system. While the Live Desktop Streamer Application is not fully supported on Linux, this method has been tested in Linux Ubuntu version 15.04.
To install Java on Linux:
- Open "Terminal".
- Type "sudo apt-get install jdk-default" in the command line.
Linux will ask you to enter your password. Once you enter your password, the download and installation of Java will commence.
- Type "sudo apt-get install openjfx"
- You will need to download the additional software package Iced Tea Net-X. To begin the installation, type "sudo apt-get install icedtea-netx" in the command line.
- Download the .JNLP file for the Live Desktop Streamer Application by logging into the website and clicking on the "Download" link on the Live Desktop Streamer Application web-page.
You will see a 'Download' button on the right-hand side of the web-page.
Please allow your browser to save the file to your computer.
- Please CD to the folder path where you have saved the .JNLP file.
For example, I would type "cd ~/Downloads" in the command line to get to my 'Downloads' folder where I saved the 'qs.jnlp' file.
- Once you are in the folder where the 'qs.jnlp' file is saved, type "javaws qs.jnlp" in the command line.
The application will now begin to launch normally, as it would appear on a Mac or Windows computer.